Thursday, March 5, 2009

IVA Winter Exhibition!

Whew,  it has been a quite a while and for that I apologize.  The bronchitis I last talked about turned into pneumonia and that not only put a damper on the creative energy but pretty much everything else other than laying in bed.  Anyway, now that we're on the tale end of that there is some exciting that have happened since my last post.  The quilt that I have previously posted was in the University of Washington School of Art IVA Winter Gallery Show.  The gallery show was last Friday evening and turned out great! Around 400 people turned up for the opening and the show looked great!  I just want to congratulate everyone that was a part of the show for an exemplary job! It was also fun seeing fellow artists out of their creative, art making clothes and dressed to the 9's.   The works pictured were two of my favorites!


For those of you that were able to come out and see the show, I hope you guys loved it as much as i did... and for those of you that didn't shame on you, although i suppose it's probably helpful to post about the show before it happens, next time i'll keep that in mind.  There will be another IVA show, the Spring Exhibition, as soon as the dates are finalized I will make sure to let y'all know.   Oh! While I'm thinking of it, the Winter show is still up in the Sand Point Gallery space on N 74th St. & Sandpoint Way NE for those that are just dying to see some lovely art this weekend.  The show runs this weekend only: Friday 5-8, Saturday 12-7, and Sunday 12-5.  

Well now I'm off to the store, it's E Turner's birthday tomorrow and he requested an apple pie, of course, who wants a good old fashioned birthday cake anymore? If i feel so inclined to get creative with the top, i'll make sure to share it with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment