Monday, November 8, 2010

Art as Procrastination

While I should probably just suck it up and finish the last of the busy work assignments and reflection paper due at the end of the week, I've decided that making art sounds like more fun, especially when after I found out today that I passed my final case study/assessment and have thus become a real teacher.  It's hard to stay motivated towards busy work, when you know that you've already passed grad school even if you don't do the assignments, however with that being said, as I'm getting my Masters in teaching, I should probably not have a double standard and slack on my assignments lol So yes, I will actually get them done, but until then, here is some more art to keep you occupied.  A couple are new and a couple are from the past year, but they are all portraits, therefore they get posted together!

The frist two are rappers, lil wayne (aka Weezy) and Ludacris (aka Luda), two of my favorites and they lend themselves well to being drawn :)  

Oh! the Auction! Well I ended up dragging Nat, we had a blast and turned the whole thing into a girls night.  As far as the art goes, I was kind of disappointed but hey, at least my piece was bid on.  It only sold for $50, but many pieces didn't get bid on at all, and two artists who have work in major galleries in Seattle who had starting bids of $750 did not get bid on, and thus someone was able to get both paintings for $50!

I shouldn't have been surprised though, art at auctions is really only bid on by a certain niche of people, pop art even smaller group, and urban art is even smaller, so the fact my piece was bid on at all makes me happy :)

More work to come, I'm thinking there will be more pin ups, after I finish the one I'm working on, I'll be sure to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment