Saturday, February 7, 2009

Creative brain freeze due to cold medicine...

Today was another day spent in bed,  I must say it becomes increasingly boring as the hours in bed pile up!  Today I was lucky though, a friend of mine was kind enough to bring me jello and risk contamination even though he can't afford to be sick with practice and everything, regardless it was much appreciated :)  

However, since I spent the day in bed hopped up on cold meds, the creative juices have not been flowing lately therefore I'll continue with yesterday's post and put up some art work from earlier this fall/winter... in honor of the up coming NBA All Star game and slam dunk competition next week I'll show basketball portraits... the first two, for those not in tune with the sports world or pop culture (or just modern times for that matter!) is Lebron James, basketball player extraordinaire, and a looker if i do say so myself.  

The other is of a good friend of mine, Justin Dentmon.  That name is probably not familiar unless you are a fan of Pac 10 college basketball, specifically that of the University of Washington.... for those of you that think you might have seen this image before, you probably have if you've read my first post, he's on the quilt too.  Anywho, the ones of Lebron are prints made from a carved linoleum block while the one of Justin (JD) is a simple ink drawing.  Hopefully by mid next week I'll be all better, out of bed and I'll have some new projects or works in progress for y'all, until then enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment