Thursday, February 5, 2009

Well hello...

Well hello! Since this is my first post I suppose I should introduce myself.  I'm a college student and a Seattle native.  Despite most peoples' distaste for the weather in the Pacific Northwest, more specifically the rain, I quite enjoy it.  It leaves ample time for rainy day projects, like the ones I talk about here for example.  I'm an art major, sports buff, fashionista, and ballet dancer, all of which pertain to what will come up in my posts.  In fact, I will take a moment to say Go Dawgs! as I watch a little husky basketball while creating this bit of light reading.  
Well on to the projects, I am currently working on a quilt.  While this isn't my first quilt, it's my second, it still feels like my first, especially since that was four years ago.  This current project is commemorating my 3.5, soon to be 4 years at University of Washington.  Somehow Husky basketball and football seem to be common themes among quilt squares, but I
 guess I shouldn't be so surprised considering the many hours that have been spent
 tailgating and waiting in line to get in to Hec Ed for the coveted front row of the Dawg Pack... i'm sure it's somewhere around the same amount of time spent studying... just kidding mom & dad! 

The cool thing about this quilt is it's a t-shirt quilt, so I cut up my husky pride (and a article of Hilary's husky pride) and sewed them into a lovely quilt top.  But, what's even c
ooler is the addition of jerseys, I was even lucky enough to get a couple buddies that happen 
to be student athletes put their signature on there for me, making it a little extra special!  But of course I couldn't just leave it at that, I had to put a little
Karissa flair and throw some portraits in there, so the room mates that have had to deal with
 me for all for years get a little tribute spot... 

And for fun I threw in JD and Alvin because I felt like athlete
portraits too... so now that you've heard about it, here's a couple pictures in case my run on babble wasn't coherent...  


Incase you were wonder ing I don't silkscreen, so the portraits are handpainted -  anywho, I finally finished the quilt top amongst stud
ying for midterms, class, work and all that other stuff that goes along with being a college student so here's the top... when its all quilted i'll make sure to put up a pic of the final product!


No comments:

Post a Comment