Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh How I Hate Being Sick...

Good morning, well I guess afternoon to those have have normal lives and sleep schedules... well i've been flirting with a cold since Monday and now i've decided that it's the flu, which would be why I thought it was morning when it's actually not.  My mother insists that I go to the doctor, I guess even when you've grown up and moved out the motherly worrying doesn't stop... I however am a firm believer in not going to the doctor unless you are dying or broken, I just hate doctors offices, they are plain white which is apparently supposed to be soothing, i disagree, they smell funny and ever since I was too old for the pediatrician I try to avoid them as much as possible, if I still feel like I've been hit with a truck come Monday I'll give in a go in.  

While it has been nice laying in bed and drinking sprite for the last 2 days, it gets boring!  I tried to work on some new projects, even just a charcoal sketch but whenever i'd get started my head would hurt or i'd have a coughing fit and I just had to give it
 a rest... since actually making art wasn't happening I decided to go through the photographs of all the art I've made since this past fall (the start of the year for those of us still in school).  Since I wasn't rambling to you all this
 fall I thought over the next couple days, since I can do this while in bed, I would put up some pictures of some of the stuff i've done this year - Thank you Nan for suggesting that I start blogging about my work
 and creative endeavors, if  I hadn't I don't know what would be keeping me sane today.  Nan has her own amazing blog dedicated to quilting and cooking, you can find it at http://potsandpins.com  she is absolutely amazing 
and truly and inspiration! 

  Today's pieces are monoprints, each is 15" x 22"... They are all titled Beauty's Form (followed by a number) and were influenced by my love of
 fashion and sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment